Bihar Scholarship 2020 has come up as a vast pool of educational opportunities for the domicile holders of Bihar. The students will get different types of benefits in terms of cash amounts or discounts. Special emphasis will be given to the backward category and backward caste with low economic background.
This scheme is an initiative of the Bihar Government to provide the best education platform for the students. This way the government is able to cover a large number of dropouts and encourage them to complete the studies.
- 1 What is Bihar Scholarship?
- 2 Bihar Scholarship List 2020
- 2.1 1) Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojna (Graduation)
- 2.2 2) SC/ST Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
- 2.3 3) Mukhyamantri MedhaVriti Yojna ( Madhyamika +2)
- 2.4 4) Post Matric Scholarship for BC –EBC
- 2.5 5) Other Backward Classes Post – Graduation Scholarship Scheme
- 2.6 6) Pre Matric Scholarship for OBC students
- 2.7 7) BTSE Bihar Talent Search Examination
- 2.8 How to Apply Bihar Scholarship 2020?
- 2.9 General documents For Bihar Scholarship
- 2.10 Bihar Scholarship Portal
- 2.11 How to Check the Status?
What is Bihar Scholarship?
As mentioned, Bihar Scholarships is to provide financial assistance to the students who cannot afford their studies. The schemes are offered at Pre Matric and Post Matric level. It is distributed on the basis of merit cum means, SC, ST, OBC, EBC/BC/Minorities, and girl candidates. Emphasis is given to the students who are from the weak economic background. Some scholarships are also given by the private institutions/organizations under their corporate social responsibility.
Will this article is help? Yes definitely as we have summarized the top Bihar Scholarship list 2020, eligibility criteria, rewards, the whole application process, and much other important information. You can check a complete list from the table mentioned in the section below.
Bihar Scholarship 2020-21 Online Last Date
The deadlines for Bihar scholarship vary from scheme to scheme. Most of the schemes are open throughout the year or can be applied between February to October depending on a type of scheme.
Bihar Scholarship List 2020
Here is the best Bihar scholarship list 2020, where one can apply and complete their education dream.
1) Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojna (Graduation)
The government of Bihar is offering this scheme for the girl candidates only. To apply for this scheme one should be a resident or domicile holder of Bihar and must have completed her graduation after 24/5/2020 from a government recognized deemed university.
Benefits: Under this scheme, students will get INR 25,000.
Last Date To Apply: One can apply through edudbt.bih.nic.in throughout the year.
2) SC/ST Post Matric Scholarship Scheme
This scheme is running under the Backward class welfare department and offering by the Government of Bihar. All those students studying in class 11th to PG level can apply for this scholarship. Applicants must be from the SC/ST category and their annual income should not be more than 2.50 lakh.
Application Date: One can apply through the national scholarship portal between January to March every year.
3) Mukhyamantri MedhaVriti Yojna ( Madhyamika +2)
This scheme is offered by the Government of Bihar from class 12th girl candidates. Basically, Only unmarried girls are eligible for this medha vriti scheme. And the applicants must be 12th passed from the Bihar School of Examination Board only. The selected students will get a financial reward of INR 10,000.
Application Link: Apply through edudbt.bih.nic.in throughout the year.
4) Post Matric Scholarship for BC –EBC
Department of Education & Government of Bihar offers this scheme. It is for post-matric students who are domicile holders of Bihar. The scheme is particularly for BC – EBC category students with an annual income not exceeding more than 1.5 lakh. They must be studying in a center/state-recognized school/institution. The students will get variable financial support to complete their education.
Application Date: Students can apply through the national scholarship portal between February to March every year.
5) Other Backward Classes Post – Graduation Scholarship Scheme
Under this scheme students who have completed their graduation and are in the first year of engineering, MBA,hotel management, etc. Students must belong to BC or OBC category with annual income 1 lakh to 2.5 lakh. Apply throughout the year.
6) Pre Matric Scholarship for OBC students
This scholarship scheme is applied by the Welfare Department of Backward and Extremely Backward Class, Government of Bihar. One can apply in the month of January to March. Students must belong to the OBC category and from class 1 to 10th and must be studying in a government school.
Rewards: Selected students will get an amount between INR 150 to 250 per month.
7) BTSE Bihar Talent Search Examination
Mployd Edutech Private LTD is in association with Lok Kalyan Parishad offering this Bihar talent search examination. All the Students from class 7th to 10th are eligible to apply. Basically, its application form comes between February month to august month. Under this BTSE Scheme, students will get-
- 91% to 100% – INR 20,000 and laptop.
- 81% to 90%- INR 15,000
- 61 to 70% – INR 5000
- 51 to 60%- Gift hampers
Apply: via the official website of BTSE for this scholarship.
How to Apply Bihar Scholarship 2020?
There are many scholarships running under Bihar scholarship schemes 2020. Some schemes are offline and you need to apply in these through related institutions. Rest, the online scholarship has certain steps that may vary from scheme to scheme. For this, we have mentioned a general application process so that applicants can get an idea of the proper application process. The steps are as follows:
Step 1- Registering through an online portal
- Visit the official website www.scholarships.gov.in ( NSP is a common application platform for Bihar Scholarship).
- Click on the “Login Button”
- A new user can go for “New Registration”.
- Users who have already registered can log in with their login credentials.
- A new user will have to register them.
- After registration, an OTP goes to your contact number
- Fill that number and your registration will be completed
Step 2 – Fill your Application
- Enter OTP and update your information.
- Upload your scanned photograph. And update your account.
Step 3 – Apply for a scholarship
- Login from your account.
- Fill all the information on a form.
- Attach all the documents.
- Click on “Submit”.
- Candidates can keep the print out of filled application form for further processing.
General documents For Bihar Scholarship
- Caste Certificate
- Income Certificate
- Proof of the last exam passed
- Fee details of the respective institution
- Institute affiliation related certificate.
- Photo and signature.
Bihar Scholarship Portal
There are few scholarships like Chief Minister Scholarship, Bihar running under the Bihar scholarship portal which is edudbt.bih.nic.in. This is an e portal presented by the Bihar Government to apply for different schemes running for domicile holders of Bihar. Some schemes like Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana for Graduation, Bihar, and Chief Minister Kanya Utthan Yojana for 12th, Bihar is running under this portal. To check more of this kind you can visit the official website.
How to Check the Status?
Students who want to check status of their scholarship application take help of below steps-
- Check your scholarship details with your login ID and Password
- Enter the basic details shows in dialog box
- Click on Check status button
- Here, you can see your application status
For any queries, you can contact the officials of the scholarship committee through their respective websites.
Where can students find their relevant Bihar scholarship?
Bihar scholarships are running under the National scholarship portal or Bihar scholarship portal www.edbudbt.bih.nic.in.
When is Bihar Scholarship for SC/ST/BC/EBC students announced?
The Government of Bihar offers this scholarship in the month of January to March.
How many Post Matric Scholarships are offered in Bihar?
There are more than 3 lakhs scholarships flourishing every year by Bihar State Government.
How can one apply for Post Matric scholarships for SC/ST/BC/EBC candidates?
One can apply through the NSP portal. You can go through the procedure mentioned in the article.
How can one apply for any chief minister scholarship?
For Bihar chief minister scholarship scheme you need to visit the Edudbt portal of the Bihar Government.
How can one track a status of his/her scholarship application?
You can track your status by login through the NSP portal and going to your dashboard and can track your status.