Bombay Flying Club Mumbai is located in Juhu – at the center of Mumbai. The college offers the best practical training to students in the aviation sector. They have obtained trained aircrews who are presently working on one the finest airlines in the world e.g India Airlines, Emirates, Singapore Airlines, Jet Airways, and many more.
Bombay Flying Club (BFC) is one of the oldest and pioneer institutions of India. It holds a legacy of training some fine renowned personalities of India. This prestigious institution was established in 1928 and since then producing the best pilots/engineers for the aviation industry. The institute has a fine history where Late Mr. J.R.D Tata the father of aviation was the first to get the pilot license in February 1929.
All details pertaining to all the courses (AME, CPPL, PPL) are mentioned below. Read the complete article to get in-depth information off all required information.
Approvals and Affiliations: The institution is DCGA approved and affiliated with the University of Mumbai.
Bombay Flying Club Fees 2021
- 1 Bombay Flying Club Fees 2021
- 2 BFC Admission Process For CPL, PPL, AME Courses
- 3 2) Bombay Flying Club Commercial Pilot License
- 4 3) AME (Aircraft Maintenance Engineering) At BFC
- 5 4) B.Sc Aviation At BFC
- 6 5) Bombay Flying Club Airhostess /Cabin Crew
- 7 6) B.Sc Aeronautics At Bombay Flying Club Mumbai
- 8 Bombay Flying Club Placement
Want to check Bombay Flying Club Fees, Here you go and get the latest fees. Click on the name of the course, and get its admission process.
Registration Fee (Approximate): To apply you need to pay a registration fee of INR 200 to INR 500 which will be added at the time of admission. Students can pay their fees through cheque/cash /DD /BC or net
|Course Name||Duration||Fees 2021-22 (Approx)|
|PPL (Private Pilot License)||8 to 9 Months||Rs 4,77,000|
|AME (Aircraft Maintenance Engineering)||3 Year||3 to 6 Lakh|
|CPL (Commercial Pilot License)||2 Years||Rs, 20,80,000|
|B.Sc Aeronautics||3 Years||Call To College|
|Cabin Crew & Air Hostess||1 Year||Ask College|
|B.Sc in Aviation||3 Years||Rs 22, 27, 000|
Bombay Flying Club Admission 2021
- Admission will be based on merit.
- There is no interview and entrance exam conducted by the college.
- The merit will be prepared based on academic excellence.
- The registration process starts every year in May or depends on the course availability
- Candidates must present in person for admission with valid documents.
- Candidates can obtain the application form online or can download it as well.
- Any false information will lead to the cancellation of admission.
How to Apply
- Visit the official website
- Download your course form.
- Fill in all the mandatory details and submit them via post to the college address.
BFC makes sure the students get a comfortable learning environment for this the college offers amenities like:
- Fully equipped Library
- Computer Training
Documents Required for admission
- 10th, 12th Mark sheet Xerox attested
- Date of birth proof Xerox attested
- Medical certificate from MBBS Dr
- Two passport size colored photographs.
BFC Admission Process For CPL, PPL, AME Courses
It offers many courses related to the aviation industry given below-
1) Bombay Flying Club Private Pilot License (PPL)
Bombay Flying Club holds a legacy of offering PPL training in an authentic manner. The institution got its approval from The Director-General of Civil Aviation (Govt of India). The training is being given under the club of fleets like PIPER PA 18, Cessna15 2A, Cessna 172 R (Glass Cockpit), Single Engine, and Seneca (Twin Engine) aircraft.
The institution offers a license to fly private planes carrying passengers or cargo. The course trains the students right from the beginning and to the end to get clean hands-on flying. This is a 3 to 4 months course that gives you 40 hours of flying time.
Bombay Flying Club Private Pilot License Admission 2020
- PPL admission will be done on the basis of merit only.
- There will no interview and entrance exam for admission.
- Merit will be prepared on the basis of academic scores.
- Admissions are ongoing and you can apply online by paying registration forms between INR 200 to INR 500.
PPL Fees Structure
The fees of PPL will be explained fully with the payment option at the time of admission. One can also enquire about bank loans or installments during admission counseling.
2) Bombay Flying Club Commercial Pilot License
Bombay Flying Club Commercial Pilot License training is offered after 200 hrs of flying training. It is of 8 to 10 months of duration course that could be dual/solo flying, check routes, circuit landing stories etc.The course is approved by DGCA going an authentication of flying all over the nation.
Commercial Pilot holder can also act as a pilot in command for any aircraft entered on the behalf of his/her license. After getting CPL one is easily employed in government and civil airlines. Also one can easily get job in private/corporate companies/ flying clubs and many more areas.
Commercial Pilot License Admission 2021
To get hassle free admission you have fulfill the course eligibility which is –
- Admission will be given on the basis of merit in the last qualifying examination.
- You must be 18 years of old and must have passed 12th with PCM as the main subjects.
- You must be medically fit and your certification must be approved by MBBS doctor.
How to Apply
- Visit the official website of Bombay Flying Club
- Fill the application form with mandatory details.
- Fill all the important details and submit the form.
Registration Form Fee (Estimated)
Application Form fees are between INR 200 to INR 500.
- Scanned date of birth 10th, 12th Mark sheet.
- Scanned Date of Birth copy.
- Medically fit certificate approved by MBBS Dr
- Two passport size photographs.
You can submit your scanned documents at email@example.com
Important Note – The estimated cost of CPL fees is INR 5 lakh to 9 lakh. This is only the estimated cost not marked cost. The exact cost will be revealed at the time of admission.
3) AME (Aircraft Maintenance Engineering) At BFC
Bombay Flying Club AME course is getting popular for its excellent training delivery methods. The institute is the government recognized imparting AME i.e. Aircraft Maintenance Engineering which is three years of duration divided into 6 semesters. The program is divided into 5 semesters which consist of theory and practical training. The last six semesters consist of practical on the job training which enables candidates to appear in papers 1, 2, and 3 if DCGA exam and getting Basic license Exam (BAMEL). It is mandatory to clear the semester exam to appear in the basic license exam.
As per government norms, aircraft can be released for flying only after getting an official license and suitably qualified certificate of Aircraft Maintenance Engineer. During the course, practical training consists of a line and major maintenances of aircraft and its related component.
If we look at today’s scenario, the global expansion even in crisis (COVID 19) the probabilities of immense job opportunities for Aircraft Maintenance Engineers in airlines, corporate sector, and training institutions of India and Abroad.
Bombay Flying Club AME Admission 2021
Admission to AME course is taken on the basis of merit scored in class 12th with minimum 50% marks in Physics and Mathematics or Diploma certificate approved by AICTE or any certificate/diploma acceptable to DCGA or of if you have Diploma in Mechanicals /Electrical /Electronic Engineering with minimum 50% marks or any higher degree in Science (B.Sc/M.Sc.) with physically fit certificate.
Process of Admission in AME
Bombay Flying Club follows certain procedures for offering admission which include merit base intake with no entrance exam and no interview. But your documents should be proper. You can apply online with the cost of INR 200 registration fees.
List of Documents to be attached documents and registration fees to be sent at firstname.lastname@example.org
- 10th, 12th Marksheet, Xerox attested.
- Date of Birth proof.
- Medical certificate by MBBS doctor.
- Two passport size colored photographs.
- Category certificate (if required)
Bombay Flying Club AME Fees
The estimated fees of the AME course in Bombay flying club is INR 3 lakh to 6 lakh P/A. However, a detail fee structure will be offered at the time of admission. Students can enquire about scholarship support or a bank, loan at the time of admission. One can pay their fees by cash/cheque/BC/DD drawn in the favour of “Bombay Flying Club”. One can also use the RTGS/NEFT payment method.
AME Sub streams at BFC Mumbai
The aircraft and Maintenance Engineering Course is divided into three streams as explained below.
- Mechanical (HA/CT/LA/PE)- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer is a machine that includes learning of Heavy Aircraft (HA), Light Aircraft (LA), and Jet Engine (CT), Piston Engine (PT).
- Mechanical (RA/CT/PE) proposed – Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Mechanical Stream i.e. (a rotary wing) is related to Rotary Aircraft (RA), Piston Engine & Jet Engine (CT). This consists of both theoretical and practical training.
- Avionics (ES/IS/RN)- Avionics in terms of AME includes Electrical System, Instrument System radio and navigation System
Syllabus Of AME at BFC Mumbai
4) B.Sc Aviation At BFC
Bombay Flying Club B.Sc. Aviation is one of the first-degree courses that use state-of-art e-learning and computer-managed technology as their main teaching aid. The college uses “Interactive Media Content” that ensures that students are taught with a better way of learning to meet modern industrial working. Students are enabling to pursue studies better and in a creative way. These methods also help in tracking the testing assessment and grading system of this course.
While doing B.Sc. Aviation you will learn about Unit subjects, Air Regulations, Navigation, Meteorology, Aircraft and Engines, and Flying Experience. Students have to qualify the entire subjects of B.Sc. Aviation if one is willing to gain a Commercial Pilot License.
Affiliation: University of Mumbai and DCGA and granted permission from the government of Maharashtra
Bombay Flying Club B.Sc. Aviation Admission Eligibility
To take admission in B.Sc. aviation you need to meet the eligibility criteria which as follow-
Bombay flying club is offering B.Sc. aviation admission to the students who have attained the age of 17 years and who have passed out 12th from a Maharashtra State Board of secondary education or any other equivalent board. Students must be PCM subjects who passed out with English as the main subject. Students must be medically fit and must have obtained medical health certificate approved by MBBS doctor. Apply online through paying registration form of INR 200.
Documents attached are
- X Mark sheet
- Xth passing certificate
- 12th passed out certificate and mark sheet
- Medical Certificate
To offer B.Sc. Aviation, the college has hired experienced and top-notch faculties like –
- Captain Mihir Deepak Bhagvati (D.Chief Flying Instructor, President and DGCA)
- Capt Koustubh Wadalkar (D.Chief Flying Instructor, B.E (IT)
- Capt JP Sharma (Flight Instructor)
- FG Offer (Ex IAF) C Kumar (Principal)
Bombay Flying Club B.Sc. Aviation Fees
The exact detail of the Bombay Flying Club B.Sc. Aviation fees will be revealed at the time of admission. The estimated cost is between INR 90K To 1 lakh. You can pay your fees by Cheque /BC/DD. One can also enquire about tuition fee waiver or bank loan for the students with good academic records.
5) Bombay Flying Club Airhostess /Cabin Crew
Bombay Flying Club also offers Airhostess /Cabin Crew course. The college boasts top notch education with some of renowned personalities like Late Mr. JRD Tata (father of aviation in India) and living legend Mrs Rabia Futehally (first woman pilot of India) as its alumni.
To get admission in cabin crew program, you have to clear 12th standard or equivalent .The course is affiliated to the University of Mumbai which is also offering 1st year “Diploma in Aviation Safety and Hospitality”. This college is the only college which is approved by D.C.G.A (Govt. of India) giving a stamp of authenticity for whatever aviation courses you will do from here.
Bombay Flying Club Cabin Crew Faculties
The college makes best of their efforts to prepare the students for industry. The college has some best faculties that help the students to become successful cabin crew. Below listed some top notch faculty preparing
- Donna Reen –Instructor for professional Communication skills
- Joel Waugh- Instructor of Aviation
- Sailesh Thakur- Instructor of Aviation
- Rukshana Ladhani –Instructor for personal development and grooming
- Rachit Sharma – Instructor of Familiarization of cheese and Beverage
Bombay Flying Club Airhostess fees
Apply online form with registration fee of INR 200. The estimated cost is between INR 30K To 50K.Details will be provided at the time of admission.
6) B.Sc Aeronautics At Bombay Flying Club Mumbai
B.Sc Aeronautics from Bombay Flying Club will give you wings to fulfill your dream in aviation. It is a pioneer degree course affiliated to Mumbai University. The degree holders will get wide opportunities to get the best of job chances even in the engineering department. After doing B.Sc Aviation one can also pick an MBA for more specifications.
Bombay Flying Clun is famous for its education pattern. Many Alumni of this college are now working as captains and engineers for domestic and international airlines such as Air India, Jet Airways, Singapore Airlines, Emirates, Spice Jet, Indigo, Paramount, and many others.
B.Sc. Aeronautics Admission
Admission will be done on the basis of merit for the students who have scored a minimum of 50% marks in class 12th or equivalent.
B.Sc. Aeronautics Fees
The fees of the Bombay Flying Club for a B.Sc. Aeronautics is between INR 50k to 90k per sem. This is an estimated cost that can be changed yearly. You will be given detailed admission fees at the time of admission. You can make payment by cash/Cheque/BC/DD drawn in the favor of “The Bombay Flying Club‘s College of Aviation”.
What is On Job Training at Bombay Flying Club?
On-the-job training is offered during the sixth semester where students are given live training with different aircraft. The students can able to try hands-on Learjet Heavy aircraft which is a twin-engine aircraft (N24NJ). The aircraft is secure and fully serviceable through which students are prepared to lead the industrial life of aviation.
Bombay Flying Club Placement
The BFC placement record is appreciating. The college provides soft skills training from skilled professionals that helps to prepare students for an interview. The sessions will offer you with personality development and communication classes which also includes GD and PI round. The college gives the best employment opportunities to its students. Many students are rightly placed and are doing best with their careers in aviation.