When considering a career in medicine, the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) is often perceived as a significant hurdle. However, there are several alternative pathways in the medical field and High Salary Career Options in Medical Without NEET. In this article, we will explore some of these lucrative careers that offer rewarding opportunities for individuals passionate about healthcare without the need for NEET qualification.
Top 6 High Salary Career Options in Medical Without NEET
If you are one of those students who are unable to clear NEET, don’t worry. There are many high-salary career options in the medical field that you can pursue without NEET.
Here are some of the top high-salary career options in medical without NEET:
Nurses are the backbone of the healthcare system. They provide direct care to patients, and they play a vital role in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases. Nurses limitations not only to hospitals today even works in various fields like firms, clinics, and schools.
The average salary for a nurse in India is around ₹500,000 per year. However, experienced nurses can earn much more than that.
Check Out: Nursing Courses in India
Physiotherapists help patients recover from injuries and illnesses. They use exercise, massage, and other techniques to improve a patient’s physical function. Physiotherapists can work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and sports medicine centers.
The average salary for a physiotherapist in India is around ₹600,000 per year. However, experienced physiotherapists can earn much more than that.
3. Occupational Therapy
Occupational therapists use a variety of techniques, such as exercise, counselling, and environmental modification, to help their clients achieve their goals. Occupational therapists can work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and schools.
The average salary for an occupational therapist in India is around ₹500,000 per year. However, experienced occupational therapists can earn much more than that.
Check Out: Lab Technician Courses in India
Radiologists use medical imaging techniques to diagnose and treat diseases. They can work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and research institutions.
The average salary for a radiologist in India is around ₹1 million per year. However, experienced radiologists can earn much more than that.
Pathologists are doctors who diagnose diseases by examining tissue samples. They can work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and research institutions.
The average salary for a pathologist in India is around ₹1 million per year. However, experienced pathologists can earn much more than that.
Pharmacists are responsible for dispensing medications and providing patient education. They can work in a variety of settings, including hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies.
The average salary for a pharmacist in India is around ₹500,000 per year. However, experienced pharmacists can earn much more than that.
Eligibility Criteria For Career Options in Medical Without NEET
- Courses outside the NEET system: Some countries or institutions offer medical courses that do not require NEET qualification. In such cases, the eligibility criteria are usually based on academic qualifications, language proficiency, and other specific requirements set by the respective institutions. These courses may have their own entrance exams or selection processes.
- Foreign Medical Schools: Some international medical schools accept students without NEET scores. These schools often have their own admission criteria, which can include academic qualifications, language proficiency tests (such as TOEFL or IELTS), interviews, and sometimes additional entrance exams specific to the institution.
- Allied Health Sciences: While not directly related to MBBS or MD programs, there are various allied health science courses that can be pursued without NEET. These courses include fields such as medical laboratory technology, radiography, physiotherapy, nursing, medical transcription, medical coding, and more. The eligibility criteria for these courses typically involve specific educational qualifications, usually at the 10+2 level or equivalent, depending on the institution and the country.
- Alternative Medical Career Options: There are alternative career options in the medical field that do not require NEET, such as medical writing, healthcare administration, healthcare management, medical research, healthcare consulting, medical sales, and medical informatics. The eligibility criteria for these roles may vary, but they often require relevant educational qualifications, such as a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field.
B.Sc Medical Courses Without NEET
|Course||Duration||Job Profiles||Average Salary Range (Per Annum)|
|B.Sc. Nursing||4 years||Staff Nurse, Nurse Educator, Nurse Administrator||$35,000 – $70,000|
|B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology||3 years||Medical Laboratory Technologist, Lab Technician||$30,000 – $60,000|
|B.Sc. Radiography||3 years||Radiographer, Medical Imaging Technologist||$40,000 – $75,000|
|B.Sc. Physiotherapy||4 years||Physiotherapist, Rehabilitation Specialist||$40,000 – $80,000|
|B.Sc. Occupational Therapy||4 years||Occupational Therapist, Rehabilitation Consultant||$45,000 – $80,000|
|B.Sc. Optometry||3 years||Optometrist, Vision Therapist||$40,000 – $70,000|
|B.Sc. Audiology||3 years||Audiologist, Hearing Rehabilitation Specialist||$40,000 – $75,000|
|B.Sc. Speech-Language Pathology||3 years||Speech-Language Pathologist, Communication Disorders Specialist||$45,000 – $80,000|
|B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology||3 years||Radiography Technologist, MRI Technologist||$40,000 – $75,000|
|B.Sc. Medical Microbiology||3 years||Medical Microbiologist, Laboratory Technician||$35,000 – $60,000|
|B.Sc. Biotechnology||3 years||Biotechnologist, Research Associate||$40,000 – $70,000|
|B.Sc. Medical Anatomy||3 years||Anatomist, Medical Illustrator||$35,000 – $60,000|
Direct Admission in Medical College Without NEET
It is important to note that the majority of medical colleges in India require students to appear for the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET) for admission to undergraduate medical programs (MBBS and BDS). However, there are a few medical colleges that offer direct admission without NEET. Here is a list of some medical colleges in India known for direct admission without NEET:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, Delhi
- Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC), Pune
- JIPMER, Puducherry
- Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi
- CMC Vellore
- St. John’s Medical College, Bangalore
- Kasturba Medical College, Manipal
- SRM Medical College Hospital and Research Centre
- Yenepoya Medical College, Mangalore
- MS Ramaiah Medical College, Bangalore
Doctor Courses After 12th Without NEET
There are several medical courses available after 12th without the requirement of the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET). These courses provide opportunities for students who are interested in pursuing a career in the medical field but may not have qualified or appeared for NEET. Here are some doctor courses after 12th without NEET:
- Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS): BHMS is a 5.5-year undergraduate degree program in the field of homeopathy. It focuses on the study of homeopathic medicine and its application in treating various health conditions.
- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS): BAMS is a 5.5-year undergraduate degree program in Ayurveda, an ancient system of medicine. It emphasizes the use of natural remedies, herbs, and holistic approaches to promote health and well-being.
- Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS): BUMS is a 5.5-year undergraduate degree program in Unani medicine, which is based on the teachings of Greek physician Hippocrates. Unani medicine utilizes natural substances and therapies for healing.
- Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences: BNYS is a 4.5-year UG degree program that combines principles of naturopathy and yogic sciences. It focuses on natural healing methods, including diet, exercise, herbal medicine, and stress management.
- Bachelor of Siddha Medicine and Surgery (BSMS): BSMS is a 5.5-year undergraduate degree program in Siddha medicine, which is a traditional system of medicine prevalent in South India. Siddha medicine emphasizes the use of herbal remedies, dietary changes, and lifestyle modifications for health and wellness.
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT): BPT is a 4.5-year undergraduate degree program that focuses on the diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of physical disabilities and movement-related disorders. It involves therapeutic exercises, manual therapy, and other physical modalities.
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT): BOT is a 4.5-year undergraduate degree program that deals with the evaluation and treatment of individuals with physical, mental, or cognitive challenges to help them regain independence and perform daily activities.
Top Career Options or Medical Courses Without NEET
- Bachelor of Science in Cardiovascular Technology
- Bachelor of Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences (BNYS)
- B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology
- B.Sc. Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Microbiology (Non-Clinical)
- Bachelor of Science in Biotechnology
- B.Sc. Microbiology (Non-Clinical)
- B.Sc. Genetics
- Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry
- B.Sc. Physiotherapy
- Bachelor of Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor of Science in Cardio-Pulmonary Perfusion Technology
- B.Sc. Audiology/Bachelor in Audiology or Speech Therapy
- B.Sc. Cardiology/B.Sc. Cardiac Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Genetics
- Bachelor of Technology in Biomedical Engineering
- B.Sc. Respiratory Therapy
- Bachelor of Perfusion Technology
- B.Sc. Biotechnology
- Bachelor of Science in Nutrition and Dietetics
- B.Sc. Biochemistry
- Bachelor of Science in Cardiac Technology
High Salary Courses After 12th Science PCB Without NEET
|Course||Duration||Approximate Fees (in INR)|
|Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm)||4 years||2,00,000 – 10,00,000|
|Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS)||4-5 years||4,00,000 – 25,00,000|
|Bachelor of Physiotherapy (BPT)||4.5 years||1,50,000 – 5,00,000|
|Bachelor of Occupational Therapy (BOT)||4.5 years||1,50,000 – 5,00,000|
|Bachelor of Science in Nursing (B.Sc Nursing)||4 years||1,00,000 – 5,00,000|
|Bachelor of Optometry (B.Optom)||4 years||2,00,000 – 8,00,000|
|Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (BASLP)||4 years||1,50,000 – 6,00,000|
|Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology (BMLT)||3-4 years||1,00,000 – 4,00,000|
|Bachelor of Biotechnology (B.Tech Biotechnology)||4 years||2,50,000 – 10,00,000|
|Bachelor of Microbiology (B.Sc Microbiology)||3 years||1,00,000 – 4,00,000|
|Bachelor of Biochemistry (B.Sc Biochemistry)||3 years||1,00,000 – 4,00,000|
|Bachelor of Medical Imaging Technology (BMIT)||3-4 years||1,50,000 – 6,00,000|
|Bachelor of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry (B.VSc AH)||5.5 years||50,000 – 4,00,000|
|Bachelor of Homeopathic Medicine and Surgery (BHMS)||5.5 years||1,00,000 – 5,00,000|
|Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)||5.5 years||1,00,000 – 5,00,000|
|Bachelor of Unani Medicine and Surgery (BUMS)||5.5 years||1,00,000 – 5,00,000|
Please note that the fees mentioned above are approximate figures and can vary based on the institution, location, and other factors. It is advisable to research and verify the fees from the respective colleges or universities offering these courses.
Career Options In Medical Without NEET In India
Medical transcriptionists play a crucial role in the healthcare industry by transcribing medical reports dictated by physicians, creating accurate and comprehensive patient records. While this role doesn’t require NEET, it demands strong language and listening skills, as well as knowledge of medical terminology. Experienced medical transcriptionists can earn a respectable salary, especially those specializing in complex medical fields.
Medical Coding Specialist:
Medical coding specialists ensure accurate documentation and classification of medical procedures and diagnoses. They assign specific codes to patient records for billing and insurance purposes. This profession is in high demand, and certified medical coders can earn attractive salaries. Certification courses are available to acquire the necessary coding skills and knowledge, making it an accessible career choice for aspiring professionals.
Healthcare administrators or managers are responsible for overseeing the operations of medical facilities, such as hospitals, clinics, and nursing homes. They ensure the efficient functioning of healthcare facilities by managing budgets, implementing policies, and coordinating with medical staff. While NEET is not a requirement for this role, a degree in healthcare management or administration is highly beneficial. Healthcare administrators can earn competitive salaries, particularly in leadership positions within larger organizations.
Medical writing involves creating scientific documents, such as research papers, regulatory documents, and educational materials, for the medical and pharmaceutical industries. Medical writers with strong writing skills and a background in science can pursue this career path. While a medical degree is not mandatory, a deep understanding of medical concepts and the ability to convey complex information in a clear and concise manner are essential. Medical writers often enjoy flexible work arrangements and can earn impressive salaries.
Healthcare consultants provide expert advice and guidance to healthcare organizations, assisting them in improving efficiency, reducing costs, and implementing strategic initiatives. These professionals possess in-depth knowledge of the healthcare industry and are skilled problem solvers. While NEET is not a prerequisite, a background in healthcare management, business administration, or a related field is advantageous. Healthcare consultants often work independently or with consulting firms, and their expertise is highly valued, leading to substantial financial rewards.