jagananna ammavodi.ap.gov.in was launched by the honorable Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Y.S Jagan Mohan Reddy in the month of January 2021. The word Amma Vodi typically refers to ‘mother’s Lap’ in the language of Telugu, therefore, the Jagananna Amma Vodi scheme aims to provide financial assistance to the parents of school-going children.
Update: HELP DESK NUMBER FOR TECHNICAL ISSUES OF jagananna.ammavodi.ap.gov.in PORTAL: +9121148062
Amma Vodi Last Date 2021
|Launching Date of Scheme||10th June|
|Application Form Start Date||9 Jan 2021|
|Last Date to Apply||Still Not Announced|
What is Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme?
Jagananna Amma Vodi Scheme has been launched as a part of ‘Navaratnalu’, an important government program. The scheme is directed towards providing financial support of Rs. 15,000 to mothers or guardians of children who go to school. The government has initiated this scheme to help mothers and guardians of children below the poverty line and to encourage them to attend schools regularly.
The Amma Vodi scheme has promised to extend this scheme to nearly 43 lakh mothers or guardians who send their children to school. This scheme has been dedicated to around one-fifth of the budget amount. This program has been designed taking into consideration children of different caste, creed, religion. It has been exclusively focused on encouraging students to complete their primary, secondary and intermediate levels of education.
This article aims to present the eligibility criteria, and the process of application to the readers so as to help the readers understand this scheme and derive benefit from it.
What are the benefits of jagananna ammavodi.ap.gov.in?
Who would not want to have a fixed financial amount being deposited into the bank account in return for sending their children to school? Of course, everyone will.
Poverty has always been an obstacle in the path of poor students to attain a quality education. The Amma Vodi scheme has been implemented by the government to remove poverty from being a hindrance for the students belonging to the below poverty line segment of the society. Through this scheme, the government also aims to eradicate prevailing child labor in the state.
It is due to this reason the Government of Andhra Pradesh has set a bait before every individual. The government wants to encourage the number of school-going students, thereby increasing the literacy rate of the state. The State also aims to bring down the dropout ratio of the government and pirate schools.
A fixed amount of rupees 15,000 would be deposited annually to the bank account of guardians/parents of school-going children below the poverty line. This amount would be transferred to the mother/guardian’s account of every needy until the student attains an intermediate level of education. This scheme has promised to deliver the given amount in the bank account of beneficiaries every year, particularly in the month of January. The Amma Vodi scheme has already been implemented and enacted in the year 2020. The Government successfully transferred the given stipulated amount in the bank accounts of the needy whose number ranges upto 43 Lakhs. The Amma Vodi scheme has been calculated to benefit around 82 Lakhs students in the year 2020. What would be a better start of a scheme than an enormous success similar to this?
Amma Vodi Eligibility
Here are the amma vodi scheme eligibility criteria, interested need to follow the same to apply in the scheme on jaganannaammavodi.ap.gov.in portal.
- The applicant must be belonging to the below poverty line segment of the society.
- He/She must be a student of either a Recognized Government school, Private aided school, Private unaided school, Junior Colleges, Residential Schools or Residential Colleges.
- He/She must be a student of any class ranging from 1 to 12.
Who is not Eligible for jagananna ammavodi.ap.gov.in scheme?
- School and college dropouts are not eligible to apply for this scheme.
- If the student has his mother/guardian as a government employee and income-tax payer, he/she stands ineligible for the Amma Vodi Scheme.
- Discontinuation of studies of the student in any class from 1-12 would lead to ineligibility from the scheme.
How to Apply For jagananna ammavodi.ap.gov.in scheme?
Since the first beneficiary list for the year 2020-21 has already been declared, you can apply for phase 2 of this scheme. In order to seek help for the procedure to apply, follow the details given below:
Amma Vodi Scheme Apply Online Procedure:
- Download the form from the website of the Andhra Pradesh government which is jaganannaammavodi.ap.gov.in.
- Fill the form with the necessary details.
- Attach the required documents
- Submit the form online through the official portal
For Offline Application Procedure of Vodi Scheme:
- Visit your nearest government office and obtain the Amma Vodi form
- Fill in the form with the required relevant details.
- Attach the required documents with the form.
- Submit the form to the government official.
How To Track Status of jagananna ammavodi.ap.gov.in scheme?
You can also track the status of your application whether it be the payment released, the acceptance of the form, and other details that you wish to know. Follow the given steps to acquire the perfect knowledge about tracking the progress of your application form.
Step 1:- Visit the official site of the government of the Amma Vodi Scheme.
Step 2:- The Home page provides a link to search the details of your child under the Amma Vodi scheme. Direct click on the given link.
Step 3:-After you have clicked on the given link, a page opens up that asks you to fill in the relevant details, the first being the mother’s/ guardian’s aadhar number. The second option demands you to fill in the verification code displayed in the box downward. After completing this step, move on to the fourth step.
Step 4:-After the submission has been done, the relevant details of the child would be available to you. You would be able to see the status(eligible/ ineligible) and the payment status as well.
Amma Vodi 1st Phase
The first phase of the Amma Vodi scheme has been a tremendous success benefiting around 43 Lakhs of underprivileged school-going students. The first beneficiary list of phase 1 was announced by the education minister of the state through an online meeting in the month of December 2020. The schools have reported a sudden increase in the number of admissions from 30% to 60% in the year 2020, clearly displaying the effect of the scheme. The government appealed to the guardian/mother of the students being benefited from this scheme to ensure that the students maintain at least 75% attendance to the school for an academic session.
- The student and mother both should have a valid Aadhar card.
- Mother/Guardian of the student must have a bank account in a recognized bank.
- The family of the student must be a native citizen of Andhra Pradesh and has a white ration card as well.
- Documents required for the address proof, such as Voter I.D, Electricity bill, etc.
- The student must have a valid school identity card in order to confirm the child is a school-going student.