Lab technician course after 12thMedical lab technician is a professional with specific skills specialized in medical laboratory sciences which is a part of paramedical healthcare personnel. If you are confused to pursue your carrier further then you must read this article till the end, many of your doubts would get clear.
You will get complete information about lab technician course, type, of course, responsibilities, carrier grown possibilities.
Popular 2021 Lab Technician Courses after 12th
- 1 Popular 2021 Lab Technician Courses after 12th
- 2 Fees Structure of Lab Technician Course After 12th
- 3 UG Lab Technician Courses After 12th
- 4 General Syllabus of Lab Technician Course after 12th
- 5 List of Top Lab Technician Colleges 2021-22
- 6 How to Choose Your Lab Technician College?
There are certain courses that you can choose at UG, PG, and Diploma/Certificate levels. Given below is short summary of lab technician courses after the 12th. You can read the summary version and can choose accordingly.
|Graduate After 12th||
||To take admission you have to be 12th passed with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, chemistry, and biology.|
||The diploma course is between 1 to 2 years of duration. If you are seeking early employment then a diploma course is best for you.|
||If taken after the 10th or 12th, it will give short-term career benefits. It is always advised to get a certificate course either with working experience or after graduation for the add-on.|
||The course is of 2 years of duration. To take admission you have to graduate in a relevant subject with a minimum of 60% marks.|
Lab Technician Course after 12th – Overview
Medical Laboratory Technology also known as clinical laboratory science deals with treating and preventing diseases through laboratory tests. It covers testing the presence of micro-organism screening, chemical analysis, and cell count. The medical lab technicians come into play in collecting information, creating a report, and diagnosing with the help of doctors. The general training of medical technologists includes routine testing, setting up testing equipment, maintaining tools, assisting doctors in a certain case,s and many others.
Medical technologists work covers fields like –
- Clinical Chemistry
- Blood Banking
- Hematology (blood-related)
- Immunology ( study of the immune system)
- Cytotechnologist ( study of human Tissue )
- Urine analysis
- Blood Sample Matching
- Drug Efficacy Tests
Admission Process Of Lab Technician Course
Admission to any lab technician course depends on the eligibility criteria. If you fulfill course eligibility criteria then it will be easy for you to get hassle-free admission. The basic eligibility criteria as follows –
- 12th passed out from science subject if taking admission after 12th for UG course.
- For a PG course, you must e be a graduate in a relevant discipline.
- If you are 10th passed out you can also go for a diploma or certificate-level course.
- Some colleges also take their admission through entrance examinations like AIIMS, Symbiosis Medical college, etc.
- Admission is also followed by an interview also.
Fees Structure of Lab Technician Course After 12th
The medical laboratory course fees depend on the typing course you are choosing whether degree course or diploma course. The fees also depend on the type of college whether you are picking up Government College or Private College. The minimum fees of lab technician course go from 20k to 5 lakh P/A.
UG Lab Technician Courses After 12th
B.Sc. Medical Laboratory Technology (B.Sc. MLT)
B.Sc. in Medical Laboratory Technology is 3 years UG course divided into semester system. The average tuition fee ranges from 10,000 to 4 lakh for three years. You will learn dealing with different testing and analyzing. You will also learn using different equipments used for testing.
Average Salary – After doing this course you will get an average salary of INR 3.5 lakh to 4 lakh P/A.
B.Sc. Medical Imaging Technology
It is UG course which is of 3 years divided into six semesters. The subject involves different techniques and process of creating an image of human body part through MRI, CT scan- Ray etc. The basic criteria to take admission in this course are 12th passed out from a recognized board. The fees of this course go between INR 2 to 5 lakh annually.
Average Salary – You will get an average salary of INR 3 lakh to 10 lakh P/A after doing this course.
B.Sc. X Ray Technology
It is again a 3 years long UG course divided into 6 semesters with each semester lasting for 6 months. It deals with deducting body ailment through X-Ray . To take admission you need to be 12th pass from a recognized board. The average fees of this course are between 2 lakh to 10 lakh P/A.
Average Salary – Fresh graduates can earn 7000 to 20, 000 monthly after doing this course.
B.Sc. ECG and Cardiovascular Technology
It 3 years of duration course divided into 6 semesters. It is one of the most opted courses in the steam of lab technician. Cardiac technologist assists Dr. (Physician) during cardiovascular i.e. heart diseases /testing. They manage complex diagnostic and therapeutic process. To apply , you have to pass 12th from recognized board . The average course fees are between INR 2 lakh to 5 lakh.
Average Salary – You will get around INR 2 lakh to 8 lakh P/A .
Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology
It is one of the job oriented course of 3 years which is pursued after 12th . The course involves six months mandatory internship. The course fees goes from 20k to INR 3 lakh P/A. The course involves conducting tests, handling equipment, collecting information, reports and documenting.
Average Salary – The fresh graduates will get around INR 2 lakh to 3 lakh P/A at the initial stage.
General Syllabus of Lab Technician Course after 12th
The syllabus of lab technician course covers subjects like blood banking, biochemistry, pathology, microbiology etc. The course is divided into theory and practical subjects that covers viva voice, internship program and many more activities. The subjects that you will study as follows –
- Biochemistry 1
- Microbiology ( System Bacteriology, Clinical Microbiology and General Bacteriology)
- Pathology ( Immunohematology,Hematology and Blood Banking)
- Community Medicine
List of Top Lab Technician Colleges 2021-22
After knowing all about course, it is time to sneak peak Lab Technician College List that you can take admission. Generally registration process starts in the month of May and goes till July. Select your college from the list given below.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi
- University College of Medical Sciences and GTB Hospital, New Delhi
- Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University, New Delhi
- Santosh Medical and Dental College, Ghaziabad UP
- Punjab Technical University, Jalandhar
- Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot
- Postgraduate Institute of Medical Education and Research
- Sardar Bhagwan Singh Memorial Instt.pf Biomedical Sciences, Dehradun
How to Choose Your Lab Technician College?
Choosing a college is a big challenge when it comes to taking admission. We have generally found that student /parent/guardian finds it difficult in selecting a college and they go by mouth to mouth advertising through friends or any family member. We recommend you to totally avoid this aspect and follow the mentioned step for landing up from A to B Grade College.
- Decide your budget – deciding your budget will help you ease up your college search. If you have the minimum budget then go for Government College and if you don’t have a budget problem then you can go for any probate college. The fees of Government College are less than any private college.
- Does your search – The next step after the budget is to check relevant colleges online. Make a list of the top 10 government and private colleges and check whether it’s matching your requirements or not. While checking the college do not forget to see these points –
- Affiliation please check if a coursed is authentic by relevant approvals like Indian Medical Association etc.
- Placement tie-ups.
- Additional employment-related skills offered or not.
- Type of Expert Faculty.
- Look for certain scholarships if you are a meritorious student.
If you keep these mentioned things in mind then you will never land up in a bad college. Try for A to B Schools as they have good management and deals with the latest form of education