PM Modi Scholarship 2020 is a vigorous Action taken by our Honorable Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The Scholarship is categorized in different subsections as provided below. This article will help you out to understand all the different Scholarships that are provided under Prime Minister Scholarship Scheme.
Also, this article will give you an absolute idea of important information such as eligibility criteria, important dates, and application process, and how to apply online in Modi scheme?
- 1 What is PM Modi Scholarship Scheme 2020
- 2 Details Of PM Scholarship 2020
What is PM Modi Scholarship Scheme 2020
PM Modi Scholarship has always been worked for Indian Students who are willing to pursue their higher studies in a purified manner. India is the country of Arya Bhatt and Pathani Samant still, we have not reached the literacy rate of 100% yet. In our society, we have a lot of other sections that are yet to get privileges and opportunities to even start their education. According to the survey, there are more than 10 to 40% of our population belong to poverty-stricken areas and which is obviously restrain them from getting proper nutrition and Education. The truth behind this scenario is the lack of sources and poor economic conditions, which give birth to an increased number of dropouts. In short, children have had to leave their education because of poor economic conditions.
As a result, PM Scholarship Scheme is trying to curtail the level of dropouts in our country and each student is to be given maximum education benefits. This will enable the students of different categories to observe and choose their relevant scholarship. They can take the maximum advantage of education which is financially supported by our government PM Modi Scholarship running under different departments in different states.
Top PM Modi Scholarship 2020 Schemes For Students
Here we have provided the information regarding some popular and most beneficiary PM Modi Scholarship Scheme for students offered under different departments.
- PM Scholarship for Ex-Servicemen
- Siksha Abhiyan Scholarship for 10th passed students
- National Merit cum Means Scholarship
- Prime Minister Scholarship for RPF/RPSF
- PM Scholarship Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles
- PM Special Scholarship Scheme for J&K Students
Advantages of Modi Scholarship
1) Offers financial support for education.
2) Covers different categories like :
- SC/ST/EBC/BC/minorities /girl child/general category
- 10th and 12th passed our students
- Central Armed police forces
- Technical education
- Fellowship in India or abroad
3) Lowers the rate of dropouts.
4) Offers a dependency to the candidates for firm future
5) Increases a level of economic status in the society.
Details Of PM Scholarship 2020
In this section, we have mentioned some popular PM Scholarship 2020 that is offered under different departments. And these departments are serving best in offering scheme awards directly to the bank account of the beneficiary. Also, you need to link your bank account to your Aadhaar card if you are applying under the Scholarship.
Check out our list of top Modi scheme for students and choose your scheme accordingly. It is to be noted that Prime Minister Schemes are only for Indian nationals.
1) PM Scholarship available for an Ex-serviceman
Ex-serviceman means those who are the Ex-members of Army/Navy or Air force. Here PM Scholarship is provided by the central government for Ex-Servicemen and their widows (who passed away during their duties). The main objective of this scholarship is to provide financial assistance to the candidate to make their future brighter in terms of monetary independence.
Eligibility criteria for Ex-servicemen
- Applicants must have scored a minimum of 60% ma\s in their last qualifying exam.
- The scheme is for the students who are in the first year of their UG or PG course.
- Wards and widows of ex-members of Army/Navy or Air force.
Awards: The Awards for the candidate will be for 30k-36k per year.
How to Apply: Click on the link here https://scholarships.gov.in/
Last Date to Apply is – 15th October 2020
2) The National Merit Cum Means Scholarship
The main Objective of merit cum means scholarship is to thoroughly support the economically weaker sections of our society and help in reducing the rate of dropouts in class VIII. By following this, the students, as well as parents, will be encouraged to continue their children’s studies and fulfill their education dreams. This Scheme is running under the Department of Higher Education, Government of India.
The Candidate has to secure a minimum of 55% marks in the class of VII.
The Candidates are allowed to receive INR 6000 P/A to continue their studies in Class XI to XII in any state Government-owned school or Government aided school.
How to Apply: Apply through the link https://scholarships.gov.in/
3) Modi Scholarship for RPF/RPSF
This Scheme offered for the RPF/RPSF under Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme by The Ministry of Railways, Government of India. This Scheme is only for the widows/Wards of ex RPF/RPSF personnel.
- Applicants need to be ward or widows of ex-RPF/RPFS personnel.
- Must have secured a minimum of 60% in 12th, diploma or graduation.
- Must be perusing a technical or professional degree.
Awards: All those Selected candidates will get INR 2,250 per month.
How to Apply?
Apply through National Scholarship Portal. Link – scholarships.gov.in
Last Date: Applicants need to apply for this scholarship before 15th November 2020
4) PM Scheme for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles
Another Scholarship Scheme is also provided by the Central Government for Central Armed Police Forces and Assam Rifles by the welfare and rehabilitation board, Ministry of Home Affairs. The Scheme is specifically for the widows of Centralarmed forces and Assam rifles personnel and dependent wards of state police personnel to pursue the first professional degree at UG and PG level.
- Ward and Widow of deceased CAPF and AR personal died on duty.
- Personnel became disabled at work.
- Ward or widow of retired or serving CAPF & AR personnel below officer rank.
- Ward or widow of receipt of Gallantry award.
- Must be Pursing professional degrees like engineering, medicine, dental, veterinary, MBA, MCA, etc.
- The candidates must have scored a minimum of 60% marks in the last qualifying examination.
Awards: The monthly reward is Rupees 3000 for the selected candidates.
How to Apply: To apply click on the Link www.scholarship.gov.in
Deadline: Must apply before 15th December 2020.