Pragati Scholarship is a scholarship program for female students in India, aimed at promoting and encouraging the education of girls from underprivileged backgrounds. The scholarship is designed to provide financial assistance to female students who wish to pursue higher education but face financial difficulties.
The Pragati Scholarship is a great opportunity for female students who wish to pursue higher education but face financial difficulties. The scholarship provides financial assistance and helps remove financial barriers for girls from underprivileged backgrounds, making higher education more accessible to them.
Pragati Scholarship 2023 -24 Highlights
Up to INR 30,000
Girl students of 1st year who is pursuing a 1st-year Diploma /Degree Program
October – December
Apply through AICTE portal
AICTE Pragati Scholarship is provided by the Ministry of Women and Child Development, Government of India. The program is open to female students who have passed their 10th or 12th standard examinations and wish to pursue higher education in any recognized institution in India. The scholarship is also open to students who are currently enrolled in a college or university. Unlike many other scholarships, this endowment is also offered with an aim to provide the best financial support to meritorious girl students for pursuing their technical studies. The scheme also aims at bringing empower women to become self-independent economically. Thousands of girls have got benefits since the inception in the year 2014-15. If you also fall in this category please feel free to apply from the link mentioned in the article.
Pragati Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
To apply for Scholarship, girl students must meet the following eligibility:-
- Female students who have passed their 10th or 12th standard examinations and wish to pursue higher education
- Students from families with an annual income of less than INR 1,50,000
- Students who are currently enrolled in a college or university
- Students who have secured at least 60% marks in their last examination
- The scholarship provides financial assistance of INR 36,000 per annum for undergraduate courses and INR 42,000 per annum for postgraduate courses.
- The scholarship is provided for a maximum period of 3 years for undergraduate courses and 2 years for postgraduate courses.
AICTE will offer total 10,000 scholarships to deserving girl students out of which 5000 scholarships are for diploma courses and INR 5000 is given for degree courses. The details of rewards are offered below –
- INR 50,000 per annum is offered every year i.e maximum of 4 years for a degree course and 3 years for a diploma course for first-year admitted students and 3 years for degree courses.
- 2 years for a diploma for the second year admitted students via lateral entry as lump sum amount to pay the college fees, computer purchase, stationery, books etc.
- No documentary proof to be attached to avail above-mentioned benefits.
Pragati Scholarship Last Date 2023
Pragati scholarship is generally applied in the month of October to November. The scholarship announcement date is 24th August 2023, scholarship closing date is 31st October 2023 last date of defective verification: 15th November 2023.
How to Apply?
To apply for the Pragati Scholarship, students need to fill out an online application form available on the official website of the Ministry of Women and Child Development. The application form must be filled out in English, and students are required to upload their educational and financial documents as part of the application process.
Steps involve in Application Process –
- Apply by registering through the NSP portal.
- On registering, you will get the confirmation email link on your registered email ID.
- Click on the confirmation Email link and you will be redirected to AICTE Login portal.
- Log in with your all the information like username and password.
- Fill the application form by filling the mandatory information.
- Upload your mandatory documents-
- Marksheet of 10th and 12th (as applicable).
- Annual income certificate.
- Admission letter Certificate is given by Director/principal/head of Institute.
- Bank account passbook linked with Adhaar Card indicating applicant’s photograph , account number and IFSC code.
- Caste certificate if belonging to SC/ST category.
- Declaration signed by the parents for accurate information of the documents.
- After attaching all the mentioned documents, submit your application form.
Pragati Scholarship Form pdf Available
One can directly download and also read the guidelines from the link mentioned.
Reading guidelines and apply – Click Here
Pragati scholarship 2023 merit list
Selection will be done on the basis of merit scored in the last qualifying examination. So those students who have scored minimum 50% to 60% marks are eligible to apply. Reservation candidates can also apply with a low percentage as well which can be between 40% to 45% marks.
Terms and Conditions
- Applications are invited through NSP portal.
- If candidates failed or drop out are not eligible to apply.
- In the case of both, CGPA and Total marks percentage will be considered for merit
- Applicants must not receive any other benefits in any way scholarship/emoluments/salary/stipend etc.
- Only thoroughly checked application will be processed.