Karnataka Government has taken the initiative to upgrade the education level around the state. To make sure that students get a good education the government is running SC/ST Scholarship 2021 Karnataka. This scholarship emphasizes the education of the underprivileged section and gives them a platform to pursue their dreams of education.
To know more about the online application process, last date, and eligibility criteria read the complete article below.
End date to apply online for SC/ST
15 May 2021
Deadline to Apply online for Minority Scholarship Karnataka
31 May 2021
About SC ST Scholarship Karnataka 2021
Karnataka government scholarship for SC/ST students is offered by the Directorate of Minorities, with an aim to support students as well as parents for pursuing their higher studies. The scholarship also encourages parents of minority communities to send their children to school and continue their higher studies so that they can become educationally sound and can stand on their feet.
Check Out: More Postmatric Scholarship 2021
SC/ST Scholarship Karnataka is launched by the Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board & the Department of Pre- University Education under the Karnataka Social Welfare Department. Under this scholarship, the main emphasis is always on the weak sections of the society who are not able to fulfill fees for education. The scholarship is a way to provide financial support to the students who are really willing to take their studies ahead of and have a positive aim in life. The scholarship is especially for the students of communities such as Muslims, Christians, Sikhs, Buddhists, Paris, and Jains.
SC ST Scholarship 2021-22 Karnataka Last Date
Here is the list of upcoming scholarships for sc st students of Karnataka.
Last Date To Apply
|SSP Postmatric Karnataka Scholarship For SC Students||
Post-Matric Karnataka Scholarship
MPhil and Ph.D. Fellowship for SC/ST
|Fee reimbursement sc/st scheme for medical students||
|SC/ST fee reimbursement scheme for eng and diploma students||
|SSP Post matric Karnataka Scholarship For ST Students||
|Dr. Shamanur Shivashankarappa Scholarship 2021-21
NOS for Minority Community Students
Scheme of Overseas Scholarships for SC/ST Students
Research Guidance Ph.D. Fellowship for Backward Classes
The incentive for SSLC & 2nd PUC Students
Pre-Matric Karnataka Scholarship
Merit-Cum-Means Scholarship for Minorities
||Aug to Sep|
Vidyadhan Scholarship Program
Karnataka Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- Department of Social Welfare, Govt of Karnataka only applicable for who students are domicile holders of Karnataka.
- Who are from SC/ST as well as minority backgrounds?
- Family income should not be more than 1 lakh from all sources.
- In the scheme, only two children from the same parents can take benefits from this scholarship.
Looking For: Central Government Schemes 2021
SC ST Scholarship 2021 Karnataka Online Application
Confused How to apply for sc/st scholarship Karnataka? Here we will provide you step by step procedure for online application in the Karnataka sc/st scholarship
- Visit the official website.
- Then click on “Social Welfare Scholarship”.
- Fill in all the mandatory details and click the submit button.
- Candidates will receive a registration number.
- To fill the form login with your registration number.
Check Out Pre Matric Scholarship Schemes 2021-21
How to fill the form?
- First, visit the official website scholarship.gov.in
- Follow the “ New User /Registration” option and click on the link “Karnataka”
- Fill Karnataka scholarship online application with correct details.
- After that candidates will get a registration number through which they have to log in online.
- Fill in all the mandatory details along with bank details.
- Check the form and submit it.
- Caste Verification certificate
- Income certificate
- Previous year mark sheet
Rewards Of Karnataka Scholarship For SC/ST Students
1) Post –Matric Karnataka Scholarship
To lower the rate of dropouts in the higher secondary level, the Karnataka government offers a few Post matric Karnataka scholarships. The scholarship includes all minority classes of Karnataka like Muslims, Janis, Buddhists, Christians, Parsis, etc. The students need to have at least 50% marks in the last qualifying examination. Students must be registering for graduate or postgraduate courses. Students must be domicile holders of Karnataka and must have an annual income of INR 2lkah P/A. Post Matric scholarships are generally given to the candidates who want to apply for higher studies.
For Application: Click Here
2) Vidhyadhan Scholarship Program
Vidhyadhan Scholarship Program is for applicants who are class 10th passed out students from the state of Andhra Pradesh, Gujarat, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Kerala. The scholarship will offer financial assistance up to INR 6000. This will be offered to the students who are from weak economic background. The scholarship is offered by Sarojini Damodaran Foundation.
Deadline to Apply: 31st July 2021
3) PhD Fellowship for Backward Classes
The department of backward classes welfare, government of Karnataka invites eligible applicants to apply for Research Guidance PhD Fellowship for Backward Classes, Karnataka. This fellowship for students who want to pursue full time Ph.D. program in the stream of seminars, language,sociology,science and technology, agriculture and medical sciences.
- Must minimum of 35 years of age.
- Two male candidates of the same family can apply.
Reward: Selected candidates will get INR 5000 per month.
Deadline to Apply: 7th, Dec, 2021 (tentitative)
4) Incentive for SSLC & 2nd PUC Students
Incentive for SSLC & 2nd PUC Students is offered by Government of Karnataka for the students belonging to minority community who have passed SSLC (class 10th ) and 2nd PUC (class 12th) with 85 % marks and above score Karnataka Secondary Education Examination Board & Department of Pre University Education.
Awards: Selected students will get on tine incentive of INR 10k to 20k.
Deadline to Apply: 31st August 2021
5) Pre- Matric Karnataka Scholarship
Pre -Matric Scholarship is for the students who are from class I to X i.e. students who are yet to appear for matriculation examination. Scholarship is generally given to SC/ST/OBC/Minority students who are meritorious and also from a weak economical background. Scholarship will be given under various pre matric categories by government of Karnataka to the students who have scored minimum 50% marks and family income should not be more than 1 lakh P/A. Students can apply through official website of Karnataka Scholarship.
6) Scheme of Overseas Scholarship for SC/ST Students
Scheme of Overseas Scholarship, Karnataka 2018 -19 invites all the eligible candidates to apply for this scholarship. The scholarship is for SC/STY candidates who wish to go abroad for their higher studies (Masters or PhD). The scholarship offers 100% financial assistance for tuition fees along with other financial benefits to the selected students. This scholarship is offered by the Social Welfare Department under the government of Karnataka.
- Students must be studying Engineering & Management, Pure Sciences & Applied Sciences, Agricultural Sciences and Medicine, International Commerce, Accounting Finance , Humanities , Social Science & Law , Any other Symposia /Workshop/Seminar.
- Candidates must have 60% marks or equivalent grade in previously qualified degree.
- Age should be below 35 years.
Awards: 100% financial assistance for abroad study.
Deadline: 16th July 2021
7) Merit Cum Means Scholarship, Karnataka
GOKDM offers merit cum means scholarships to the students who are pursuing their higher studies. The scholarship is a help for the students who are from weak economic background and cannot afford their studies. The selected students will get best of facilities from this scheme.
Rewards: The scholarship covers tuition fees, admission fee, and maintenance allowance.
Deadline to apply: August to September
8) M.Phil and Ph.D. fellowship for Minority Students, Karnataka
M.Phil and Ph.D Fellowship for Minority invites all the applicable students for JRF level. The scholarship caries many rewards and is offered to minority candidates. One must apply before the last date to avoid any cancellation.
Rewards: Selected candidates will get reward INR 25,000 per month, contingency grant INR 10,000 P/A for 3 years.
Deadline to Apply: 10 /June/ 2021 (Tentative)
Check out: Epass Karnataka 2021 Application Status
9) National Overseas Scholarship for Minority Community Students
National Overseas for Minority Community Students, Karnataka 2018-19 invites application eligible graduates, postgraduates, and Ph.D. scholars from the state of Karnataka. The scholarship offers financial assistance to the candidates to study abroad and follow their dreams. To get this scholarship candidates should meet the eligibility criteria. The scholarship is offered by the Directorate of Minorities under the government of Karnataka.
Reward: Students will be given financial assistance up to INR 20 lakh P/A.
Last Date to Apply: 30th June 2021
Key Points Of SC/ST Post Matric Scholarship Karnataka
Government of Karnataka offer scholarship every year for all the students for different courses like S.S.L.C/P.G Courses /Degree Courses and Professional courses. The scholarship is provided by state government of Karnataka for encouraging the education offered for SC/ST student that also includes minority candidates. The scholarship is precisely for the students who are from weak economic background and cannot afford their higher studies.
- 1 About SC ST Scholarship Karnataka 2021
- 2 Rewards Of Karnataka Scholarship For SC/ST Students
- 2.1 1) Post –Matric Karnataka Scholarship
- 2.2 2) Vidhyadhan Scholarship Program
- 2.3 3) PhD Fellowship for Backward Classes
- 2.4 4) Incentive for SSLC & 2nd PUC Students
- 2.5 5) Pre- Matric Karnataka Scholarship
- 2.6 6) Scheme of Overseas Scholarship for SC/ST Students
- 2.7 7) Merit Cum Means Scholarship, Karnataka
- 2.8 8) M.Phil and Ph.D. fellowship for Minority Students, Karnataka
- 2.9 9) National Overseas Scholarship for Minority Community Students
- 2.10 Key Points Of SC/ST Post Matric Scholarship Karnataka