Looking for the PG Scholarships 2020? Want to do higher studies but unaffordable fees become the biggest reason? Then here is the solution, India has many schemes of scholarship for PG students. These schemes offering by the government, private, NGO’s, etc. Nowadays, many universities also participate and offer scholarships during admission. So to get more connected with this blog, we will update here all the upcoming and ongoing best private and government PG scholarships. You can apply accordingly after going through the list.
- 1 Upcoming Top PG Scholarship 2020
- 2 Why Scholarship For PG Students In India?
- 3 List of Government Scholarship For PG Students
- 3.1 1) PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2020-2021
- 3.2 2) Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for university rank holder 2020-21
- 3.3 3) Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship for Single Girl Child
- 3.4 4) MIT Manipal Department of Physics Project Fellowship
- 3.5 5) IIT Dhanbad Department of Chemistry Junior Research Fellowship
- 3.6 6) India Alliance DBT Welcome Early Career Fellowship
- 3.7 7) AICTE PG (GATE/GPAT) Scholarship
- 3.8 8) IIIT Raipur Junior Research Fellowship For PG Students 2020
- 3.9 9) NITK Surathkal Junior /Senior Research Fellowship
- 3.10 10) INSPIRE Fellowship
- 3.11 11) IIT Gandhinagar Post Doctoral Fellowship 2020
- 4 Private Scholarship For Post Graduate Students In India
- 4.1 1) PGIMER Department of Community Medicine and School of Public Health Research Associateship and Junior Research Fellowship 2020
- 4.2 2) Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship
- 4.3 3) Gaurav Foundation Scholarship
- 4.4 4) Asudev Art Scholarship
- 4.5 5) The Anant Fellowship
- 4.6 6) Merit cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses (CS Minorities)
- 4.7 7) Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
- 4.8 8) Fair and Lovely Foundation Scholarship
Upcoming Top PG Scholarship 2020
Here is the list of best upcoming PG Scholarships 2020 comes in August month.
|Scholarship Name||Reward||Last Date|
|Postgraduate merit scholarship for rank holders||Rs 31000 Per Month||30-Oct|
|Rs 7800 per month||30th-Oct|
|Medley Pharma Scholarship||Rs 10,000 P/A||Always Open|
|Sitaram Jindal Scholarship||Rs 500 to 2000 per month||Available Whole Year|
|Nirankari Rajmata Scholarship for PG Students||Rs 50,000 Cash Prize||30th Sep|
|Rs 36,200||31st Oct|
|Prime Minister’s Research Fellowship||Multiple Awards||18th Dec.|
|AcSIR Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Summer Training Program||For Course Fees||31st Dec.|
|IIIT Raipur Junior Research Fellowship||Full Course Fees Of M.Tech||25th Aug 2020|
Mukhya Mantri Protsahan Yojana HP
|Rs 75000 For Course Fees||31st Dec.|
|CA/ICWA/CS Scholarship||Rs15,000 P/A||22nd Dec|
|IIST Thiruvananthapuram Department of Space Junior/Senior Research Fellowship||Rs 35000||7th Jul|
|Research Fellowships under the MRFP Research Fellow Program||Rs 31000 +HRA||10th July|
|IIT Dhanbad Department of Mining Engineering Junior Research Fellowship||Rs 35000||8th Jul|
|IITM Research Fellowship||Rs 31000||31st Jul|
|UGC National Fellowship for Scheduled Caste Students||Rs 35000 + Other Benefits||31st Jul|
|MIT Manipal Department of Physics Project Fellowship||Rs 31000+HRA||5th Aug|
|National Institute of Biomedical Genomics||Rs1,00,000||7th Aug|
|NITK Surathkal Junior/Senior Research Fellowship||Rs 18,000||7th Aug|
|Panjab University Junior Research Fellowship||Rs 35000+HRA||7th Aug|
|IIT Dhanbad Department of Chemistry Junior Research Fellowship||Rs 35000||8th Aug|
|India Alliance DBT Wellcome Early Career Fellowships||Multiple Reward||11th Aug|
|IIITDM Kancheepuram Junior Research Fellowship||Rs 30000 per Month||11th Aug|
Why Scholarship For PG Students In India?
A scholarship for PG students gives a bright prospect to the applicants who are willing to continue their studies at a higher level. It has been noticed that many people have to drop their studies in between due to financial constrain. The schemes are running under Sate as well as the central government covering financial aids, grants, tuition fee waiver, monthly stipend, allowance, etc. Further, the scholarships are also offered by private organizations under its corporate social responsibility.
The schemes are distributed for the general categories, SC/ST/EBC/OBC/wards/widows of deceased/non-deceased army personnel, etc. The main aim behind offering these scholarships is to offer financial support to the deserving students who are from an economically underprivileged background.
List of Government Scholarship For PG Students
In this section, we have covered the list of top government scholarships for PG students. If you are seeking for government schemes then you can pick from these mentioned top five scholarships for PG students.
1) PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2020-2021
University Grants Commission has taken the initiative to offer financial support for the higher studies to the needy students. This is done in the form of a PG Scholarship for Professional Courses for SC/ST 2020-2021. This scheme is especially for the students who aim to offer support to the students for their PG studies.
- Candidates must belong to SC/ST category.
- Candidates must be studying in the first year of the professional courses at the PG level.
- Candidates must be studying in the following registered college –
- University/Institutions/colleges included under section 2(F) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
- Deemed to be Universities under section 3 of the UGC Act 1956 who can get grants in aid from UGC.
- Universities /Institutions /colleges that are funded by the central state government.
Courses that need approval from regulatory bodies are MCI, DCI, PCI, RCI, NCTIS, NCTE Bar Council of India, AICTE, ICAR, INC, Forensic Regulatory and Development Authority of India comes in professional courses.
- ME/MTech students will get INR 7800 per month.
- Other professional courses will INR 4500 per month.
How to Apply?
Link: Click here
- Read the guidelines and then apply them.
- Select the State of domicile category (Pre-Matric) and then fill all the application.
- Register yourself with a login ID and with your password and then fill rest of the application.
- Lastly, submit your application.
Last date to apply – 30th October 2020
Terms and Conditions
- Students pursuing PG from distance or correspondence are not eligible.
- MA,M.Sc,M.Com, MSW, and Mass Communication and Journalism degree are taken as non professional course
- The scheme will be offered for the period of two or three years.
- The amount will be transferred through Direct Benefit Transfer mode directly to student’s account.
- The selected candidates will not be allowed to change the course while doing it.
2) Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for university rank holder 2020-21
The University Grant Commission (UGC), Government of India is offering Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for university rank holder 2020-21. This scheme is emphasizing first and second rank holders of different graduation courses across the nation. The scholarship aims at encouraging talented students for pursuing their post-graduation courses. The scheme will provide educational support by assisting their education expenses.
- Must be below the age of 30years.
- Must be studying in a post-graduation course which is affiliated to the university (central/state)or deemed universities /private universities /25 autonomous colleges /non UGC affiliated colleges.
- Must be rank holder (Ist or IInd) in the previous graduation exam.
- Must have a graduation degree in the following streams- Life Sciences, physical sciences, chemical sciences, earth sciences, mathematical sciences, social, commerce and language.
- One must have scored a minimum of 60% of marks in graduation.
Rewards: The scholarship reward is INR 3100 per month for two years of duration.
How to apply
- Visit the official website NSP Here.
- Carefully read the guidelines and then register yourself.
- After that, select your scholarship
- Fill your basic details in the given text boxes
- Submit your scholarship and take the print out for future references.
Check Out NSP Portal Login Step By Step Procedure
Scholarship announcement date – 30th August 2020.
Closing date – 30th October 2020.
Last date to verify and change defects – 15th November 2020.
Last date of institution verification – 15th November 2020.
Terms and Conditions
- Submit the graduation merit and admission proof for PG courses.
- The amount of scheme will be transferred to the student’s bank account.
- Scholarship can be renewed during the PG time with regarding the marks and attendance percentage.
3) Indira Gandhi PG Scholarship for Single Girl Child
The scholarship is empowered to girl’s education. All those girls who want to pursue higher education after their 12th can apply for the scholarship. The main aim of this scholarship is to compensate for all the education expenses of girl’s degree courses. So, that every parent educates their single girl child.
Application Period – 31-Oct-2020
Awards: Selected students will get a scholarship amount of INR 36,200 P/A for 2 years.
- Girl candidates having age less than 30 years can apply.
- One must be pursuing a full-time course in the first year of a Master’s Degree from a recognized university /college.
Application Link – Apply Here
4) MIT Manipal Department of Physics Project Fellowship
This fellowship is offered by the Manipal Academy of Higher Education to the postgraduate degree holders. The fellowship is for the project name “Photoemission spectroscopy of monovalent doped Nd0.5Sr0.5MnO3 manganites”. The selected candidates will get INR 31,000 plus HRA per month. Candidates holding M.E/M.Tech degree with valid GATE score.
Apply before 5th August 2020.
Link: Check out here
5) IIT Dhanbad Department of Chemistry Junior Research Fellowship
Indian Institute of Technology (Indian School of Mines), Dhanbad under the department of Chemistry is offering Junior Research Fellowship for the project titled “C02 and Biomass as feedstock for the production of fuels and chemical intermediate”. The selected students will be offered a salary of INR 31,000 for the first two years and INR 35,000 for 3rd year. One must be nit more than 28 years of age and must have a valid score of NET/GATE.
Last Date: Apply online through the official website before 8th August 2020.
6) India Alliance DBT Welcome Early Career Fellowship
The welcome trust /DBT India alliance invites all the eligible candidates for India Alliance DBT Welcome Early Career Fellowship. Candidates having Post Ph.D. research experience not more than 4 years for Early Career Fellowship in Basic Biomedical Research 2020 -21. The aim of this fellowship is to offer the best opportunities for conducting high-quality research in the stream of biomedical. The selected candidates will get 5 years of competitive personal support and overseas funding.
Apply before: 11th August 2020 through the official website.
Check Out: Application Link
7) AICTE PG (GATE/GPAT) Scholarship
Application Period – in October.
Award: Selected students will get INR 12400 per month for 24 months.
- Applicants must have clear GATE /GPAT with relevant marks.
- One must have taken admission in the first year of M.Tech/M.E/M.Pharm/M. Arch from AICTE recognized institution.
Apply through the official website of the AICTE GATE/GPAT scholarship.
8) IIIT Raipur Junior Research Fellowship For PG Students 2020
The scholarship is offered for all B.tech and M.tech Students to achieve their engineering career dreams. All those candidates who are appearing for their Master’s degree in M.Tech can apply for the scholarship. Under this program, full fee reimbursement is credited as an award.
Deadline: 25th August is the last date to apply in the IIIT Naya Fellowship
Application Link: Apply in Raipur Junior Research 2020 Postgraduate scholarship here
9) NITK Surathkal Junior /Senior Research Fellowship
National Institute of Technology Karnataka is offering NITK Surathkhal Junior /Senior Research Fellowship 2020 to graduate /postgraduate degree holders. The selected Junior and senior researchers will get INR 18,000 per month to 16,000 per month.
Apply before: 7th August 2020 through mail to the relevant address.
Application Link: Check Out here
10) INSPIRE Fellowship
Application Period- In September/October.
Selected students will get a fellowship of INR 28,000 per month and INR 20,000 P/A.
Applicants must have secured a minimum of 70% marks in M.Sc.or Integrated MS/M.Sc. One must have scored 1st rank in PG level for the exams like Basic/Applied Sciences which includes subjects like Engineering, Medical, Pharmaceutical, Agriculture, and Veterinary Sciences. Applicants may be 1st position holder at graduate level exam conducted in medicine from a recognized university/institution in India.
Application Process – Apply through the INSPIRE program official website.
11) IIT Gandhinagar Post Doctoral Fellowship 2020
The fellowship offers an opportunity to work on research problems in a creative and interdisciplinary environment. Applicants must be Ph.D. holders from a recognized institution in India after 1st July 2020. Their research should be highly rated.
The application for this fellowship has been closed. One can apply in the month of July every year.
Rewards: 1 lakh per year
Private Scholarship For Post Graduate Students In India
The private scholarships for PG students are offered by Corporates, NGOs, Trusts, MNCs, Private Educational Institutions, etc. They provide scholarships, grants, stipends, and other benefits under corporate social responsibility. Check the top five private schemes that are for the students who are interested in pursuing their PG course.
1) PGIMER Department of Community Medicine and School of Public Health Research Associateship and Junior Research Fellowship 2020
Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research, Chandigarh invites application for PGDMIR Department of Community Medicine and School of Public Health Research and Junior Fellowship 2020 from Masters/Ph.D. holders. For a research fellowship, one should be a Ph.D. with one year of experience. For JRF you need to be a Master holder in a certain stream. The selected fellows will get an amount of INR 58,280 per month to INR 33,480 per month ( for JRF). The selection will be on the basis of the applicant’s qualification and their performance in an interview. Apply in the month of August every year before the 15th.
2) Adobe India Women-in-Technology Scholarship
Application Month –September to October
Scholarship provided by – Adobe India
Award –Girl candidate will receive tuition fees, a summer internship at Adobe India, and an opportunity to travel Grace Hopper Conference, India.
Eligibility –Must be the female candidate pursuing a full-time PG course from India in a relevant course.
Application Process – Apply through the official website of Adobe India.
3) Gaurav Foundation Scholarship
Application Month – Before August End
Scholarship provided by –Gaurav Foundation NGO
Award –Selected candidate will get INR 3 lakh for pursuing education from India and INR 10 lakh for education from abroad.
Eligibility –Must be an Indian citizen pursuing a PG level course from a recognized institute. Students must have applied with a minimum of 60% marks and is the age of 17 to 35 years.
Application Process – Apply through the official website of the Gaurav Foundation.
4) Asudev Art Scholarship
Application Month – August to September
Scholarship provided by – Students of Late Asudev in collaboration with Gauhati Artist Guild, Guwahati.
Award –Selected candidate will get INR 50,000 one time
Eligibility –Emerging artist below 28 years of age who is studying full-time visual PG course in Visual Arts, painting, etc. The applicant must be a domicile holder of Assam.
Application Process – You can apply through the post (offline method).One can collect form through the official website of artofasudev.org.
5) The Anant Fellowship
Application Month – February to March
Scholarship provided by –Anant National Fellowship
Award –Selected students will be offered 10 lakh including boarding fees, tuition fees, and lodging.
Eligibility –Applicants must have completed UG in the field of architecture, design, planning, environmental sciences, etc.
Application Process – Apply through the official website of anu.edu.in
6) Merit cum Means Scholarship for Professional and Technical Courses (CS Minorities)
Application Period is between September to October
- Selected students will get course fees up to INR 20,000.
- It also includes maintenance allowance Hosteller – INR 1000 and day scholar INR 500.
Applicants must be pursuing a PG course which should be technical and professional. They must have taken admission after qualifying relevant competitive examinations. Family annual income should be 2 lakh P/A.
Application Process – Apply through the National Scholarship Portal
7) Post Graduate Merit Scholarship for University Rank Holders
Application Period – In November
Awards: INR 31,000 per month for 2 years.
Applicants must be 1st and 2nd rank holder and one must have enrolled full-time course master’s degree program from a recognized institution. Also, applicants must have scored a minimum of 60% marks at UG level in subjects like Chemical Sciences, Earth Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical Sciences, Commerce, Languages, Mathematics, and social sciences. One must be not more than 30 years of age. One who is pursuing a PG course from a distant mode can apply.
Application Process: Apply through NSP
8) Fair and Lovely Foundation Scholarship
Application Month – October to November
Scholarship provided by – Hindustan Unilever Limited
Award – One timer scholarship amount of INR 25,000 to 50,000 per student.
Eligibility – Students pursuing the post-graduate course and annual income should not be more than 6 lakh. Applicants must 15 to 30 years of age.
Application Process – Apply through the official website of the fair and lovely foundation.