Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023 is a government-funded scholarship program in India that is designed to provide financial assistance to meritorious students from economically backward families who are pursuing higher education. The scholarship is named after Swami Vivekananda, a Hindu monk, and philosopher who is considered to be one of the most influential figures in Indian history.
About Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship 2023
The Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship (SVMCM) is a renowned scholarship program that aims to support meritorious and financially disadvantaged students in pursuing their higher education. Named after the eminent philosopher and spiritual leader Swami Vivekananda, this scholarship is a merit-cum-means based scheme offered by the Government of West Bengal in India.
It is a competitive scholarship program. Applicants are evaluated on their academic performance, financial need, and extracurricular activities. Scholarship recipients are selected by a committee of experts.
The Merit Cum Means Scholarship is a valuable resource for students from economically backward families who are pursuing higher education. The scholarship provides financial assistance that can help students cover the cost of tuition, books, and other educational expenses. This can help students focus on their studies and achieve their academic goals.
SVMCM Eligibility Criteria:
The Merit Cum Means Scholarship is open to students-
- Who are domiciled of West Bengal State
- Applicants who are enrolled in full-time undergraduate or postgraduate programs at accredited educational institutions in India.
- Must have a minimum of 60% marks in their qualifying examination to be eligible for the scholarship.
- The key eligibility requirements include academic excellence,
- As students must have secured a minimum percentage in their last qualifying examination. Additionally,
- The applicant’s family income should fall within a specified limit to demonstrate financial need.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023 Apply Online
The application process for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM) is typically conducted online. Interested students need to visit the official website designated by the Government of West Bengal. The application form must be filled out accurately, providing personal details, educational information, and financial details. It is important to review and submit the application within the specified deadline, adhering to the guidelines provided by the scholarship authorities.
- Go to the official website of the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Scheme: https://svmcm.wbhed.gov.in/
- Click on the “Apply Online” button.
- Redirected to the registration page.
- Fill in all the required details in the registration form.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- Now you will receive an email with a link to activate account
- Click on the activation link in the email and redirected to the login page
- On that page take the the application form and fill the required info
- Upload the required documents.
- Click on the “Submit” button.
- You will receive an email with a confirmation of your application.
Applicants are required to submit essential documents along with their scholarship application. These documents may include:
- Proof of Identity: Aadhaar card, Voter ID, or any other government-issued identification document.
- Academic Records: Mark sheets, certificates, or transcripts of the previous qualifying examinations.
- Income Certificate: Valid proof of family income to establish financial need.
- Caste Certificate (if applicable): For students belonging to reserved categories, a valid caste certificate is required.
- Domicile Certificate: Proof of residence in the state of West Bengal.
It is crucial to ensure that all the documents are authentic and submitted in the prescribed format.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2023 Selection Process
The selection process for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship (SVMCM) involves a thorough evaluation of the submitted applications. The scholarship authorities review the academic performance, financial need, and eligibility criteria of the applicants. Shortlisted candidates may be called for an interview or further scrutiny, depending on the specific requirements of the scholarship program. The final selection is made based on the merit and overall assessment of the applicants.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria to be considered for the scholarship:
- Be a citizen of India
- Be a permanent resident of West Bengal
- Be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate or postgraduate program at an accredited educational institution in West Bengal
- Have secured at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination
- Have a family income of less than INR 2.5 lakhs per annum
Application: Applicants must submit an online application form. The application form is available on the website of the West Bengal Department of Higher Education. The application deadline is May 4, 2023.
Evaluation: Applicants will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Financial need
- Extracurricular activities
Selection: A committee of experts will select the scholarship recipients. The scholarship recipients will be announced in June 2023.
Disbursement: Scholarships will be disbursed in two installments: the first installment will be disbursed in July 2023 and the second installment will be disbursed in January 2024.
SVMCM Award & Benefits
The amount of the scholarship varies depending on the level of study and the student’s financial need. Undergraduate students receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 1,000, while postgraduate students receive a monthly stipend of Rs. 1,500. In addition, the scholarship covers the cost of tuition, books, and other educational expenses.
|S.No.||Category||Course/Level of Study||Scholarship amount|
|1.||Directorate of School Education||Higher Secondary||INR 1,000 per month|
|2.||Directorate of Madrasah Education||High Madrasah||INR 1,000 per month|
Directorate of Public Instruction
|Undergraduate in Arts||INR 1,000 per month|
|5.||Undergraduate in Commerce||INR 1,000 per month|
|6.||Undergraduate in Science||INR 1,500 per month|
|7.||Undergraduate in other professional courses||INR 1,500 per month|
|8.||Postgraduate in Arts||INR 2,000 per month|
|9.||Postgraduate in Commerce||INR 2,000 per month|
|10.||Postgraduate in Science||INR 2,500 per month|
|11.||Postgraduate in other professional courses||INR 2,500 per month|
|12.||Non-NET M.Phil./Non-NET PhD||INR 5,000 to INR 8,000 per month|
|13.||Directorate of Technical Education and Training||Undergraduate (Polytechnic)||INR 1,500 per month|
|14.||Directorate of Medical Education||Undergraduate in Medical stream/Diploma courses||INR 5,000 per month (UG), INR 1,500 per month (Diploma)|
Successful recipients are provided with financial assistance to support their educational journey. The scholarship covers tuition fees, maintenance allowances, and other related expenses, depending on the specific course and level of study. The award amount may vary each year, and it is disbursed directly to the students’ bank accounts. Apart from the financial support, the scholarship program also recognizes the achievements and potential of the recipients, fostering their academic growth and future prospects.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship FAQ’s
Q- What is the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
A- It is a merit-cum-means based scholarship scheme that is offered by the Government of West Bengal. The scholarship is designed to help meritorious students from economically backward families pursue higher education.
Q- Who is eligible for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
A- They must be domiciled in West Bengal and have passed the last qualifying examination with at least 60% marks. Their family income must not exceed Rs. 2,50,000 per annum.
Q- How much is the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
A- For undergraduate students, the scholarship is Rs. 10,000 per year. For postgraduate students, the scholarship is Rs. 15,000 per year.
Q- How do I apply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
A- To apply must submit an online application form. The application form can be found on the website of the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal.
Q- What are the deadlines for applying?
A- The deadline for applying for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship is usually in May or June of each year.
Q- What are the documents required to apply?
A- A copy of the last qualifying examination & income certificate and A passport-size photo
Q- What is the selection process for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
A- Students who apply for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship will be shortlisted based on their academic merit and financial need. The shortlisted students will then be interviewed by a panel of experts.