UK Scholarships for Indian students 2021 can play an important role to pursue higher education abroad. Scholarship manages both the cost of study and the cost of living. UK government and universities provide the best financial support to the students which will not attract only national even many international students to come and study in the United Kingdom.
Scholarships for Indian Students to study in UK can be provided in three different forms. These are government-based scholarships, university-level scholarships, and institutional-based scholarships. If you make plans in advance to study in the UK then it can be easily affordable. The financial aid depending on the course, institution, and criteria can be partial or fully paid. There is higher competition in applying for government scholarships in comparison to university scholarships.
Check out: Canada Scholarship For Indian Students
Top UK Scholarships For Indian Students 2021-22
Here is a lot of some top UK scholarship for Indian students to apply with their application procedure and last date to apply in the given schemes.
|Name||UK Last Date||Rewards|
|Herringham Scholarships, Royal Holloway University of London||23 July 2021||GBP 7,900|
|WMG Excellence Scholarships||31 July 2021||7,50,000|
|Dean’s Award for Enterprise Scholarship||31 July 2021||90% Off Tuition Fee|
|University Of Essex Indian Sub-Continent Regional Undergraduate Scholarship||19 July 2021||GBP 4000|
|UWE Bristol Chancellor’s Scholarship||
30 June 2021
|50% Tuition Fee Waiver|
|V P Kanitkar Memorial SOAS University of London Scholarship||
16 April 2021
|Tuition fees and rewards for education|
|Kamran Djam Scholarship for SOAS University||Fees Reimbursement|
|Royal Hollway University International Future Leaders Scholarship||
19 April 2021
GBP 4000 and fee reduction for 1st year
|Electronic Engineering Creativity Scholarship of Royal Hollway||
GBP 1000 Cash Reward
|International Undergraduate Excellence Award University of Nottingham, UK||
22 April 2021
|University of Warwick PAIS Scholarship||GBP 10000|
|University of Law Bar Practice Course Awards||
23 April 2021
|Newcastle University Vice-Chancellor’s Global Postgraduate Scholarships||
29 April 2021
|GBP 4000 for tuition fees|
|Vice-Chancellor Global Scheme||Reward GBP 4000|
|University of Edinburgh Robertson International Scheme||
30 April 2021
|GBP 1000 for 1 year|
Popular Scholarships for Indian Students to study in UK 2021-22
Queen Mary University UK Scholarship For Indian Students
This scholarship is mainly for those students who pursue undergraduate and post-graduate courses. The scholarship is given based on academic merit.
- The student should have an excellent academic qualification.
- The candidates must enroll at Queen Mary University.
- The students should visit the official website of the Queen Mary University Scholarship and select the country and course.
- Students can follow the guidelines to apply for the scholarship and can select the scholarship.
- The steps to apply for the scholarships varies according to the course and department.
Aga Khan Fellowship Scheme For UK Students
Aga khan scheme is offered by the foundation for all post-graduate students of UK belongings only. It provides 50 percent grant fees as a reward for the scheme. Applicant must be under 30 yrs of age. It is mandatory as of age criteria.
Candidates will be selected only meet the below criteria-
- Having good academic records
- want to take admission in high and known university
Last Date To Apply: 31, March 2021
Application Link: Click here
This scholarship is offered by the UK government to Indian students. This scholarship is given to those students who have an excellent academic background.
- Students should have an excellent academic background.
- The student should also have very good leadership qualities.
- He/she must pursue a Master’s degree program in any of the universities of the UK.
- The online application for this scholarship is available on the official website of Chevening.
- programmed also upload their educational documents, offer letter from a UK university along with their scholarship application.
Check out: Australian Scholarship For Indian Students
This scholarship is funded by the UK Foreign, Commonwealth, and Development Office (FCDO). The scholarship is given to only those students who need financial help and are motivated and talented.
- The student should be willing to contribute to sustainable development and should be highly motivated.
- The student should also have an excellent academic background.
- The online application for this scholarship is available on the official website.
- The student who wants to apply for the scholarship can select the scholarship type, country and apply at the official website.
- The student must be from a low family income.
Dr. Manmohan Singh UK Scholarship For Indian Students
This scholarship is mainly for those students who are enrolled at St John’s College at the University of Cambridge for undergraduate courses and doctoral programs. This scholarship is given in the honor of Dr. Manmohan Singh who was the former prime minister and renowned economist of India.
- The student must be a citizen of India.
- He/She must pursue a Master’s degree from a recognized university.
- The student should also have a good command of English subjects.
- He/she should meet all the admission criteria of the university.
- The student must be less than 35 years of age when he is applying for the scholarship.
- The student should complete the application process for a particular course at the University of Cambridge.
- He/She must enroll in St John’s College of the university.
- The student should mention that they are applying for the Dr. Manmohan Singh scholarship while filling the application form.
- After the admission is accepted by the University of Cambridge, the student should fill the application form required for the scholarship and should submit the same before the deadlines.
Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships
This scholarship is given to Indian students based on an agreement between the Indian and British governments to make an English charity. This scholarship is given to Indian students to get excellence in academic, artistic, and academic fields. The scholarship is given to students in the honor of Charles Wallace who was born in Kolkata and founded the Shaw Wallace company. The scholarship includes expenses like living costs, accommodation, monetary funds, etc.
- The student should not get any Charles Wallace India Trust grant in the last five years.
- The student must be a citizen of India.
- The process of application varies on the scholarship granted. Students should apply at the official website of the British Council directly for long-term grants.
- Many applications by the students are also accepted through the college or university
Goa Education Trust Scholarships
This scholarship is offered by Goa to Indian students. The scholarship is mainly for students who want to pursue postgraduate courses in students. the scholarship includes expenses like the full or partial tuition fees of the course.
- The student must be an Indian citizen and should be a resident of Goa.
- The age of the student should not be above 30 years.
- He/she should have a valid offer letter from a UK university.
- The student should also have an excellent academic record.
- The application form of the scholarship is available on the official website of the British Council.
- The candidates should send the hard copy of the application to the British Council Division office or can also send their request by email to a letter from council.org.
Inlaks UK Scholarship For Indian Students
This scholarship is offered by the Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation. This scholarship is given to only excellent and bright young students of India who want to study in top institutions of America, Europe, and the UK.
- Students who pursue full-time Masters, M.Phil. or a Doctorate program
- The scholarship is given to outstanding and excellent students.
- The application can be given at the online portal of the Inlaks Foundation.
- The application is examined by the community, after that the candidates are shortlisted for the interview.
- Candidates can confirm the dates for the Inlaks Scholarship on the online portal of Inlaks Foundation to apply.
The Felix Scholarship
This scholarship is offered to the students of India and other countries who are underprivileged. The scholarship is mainly for those students who want to pursue postgraduate courses from the top institutions of the UK.
- The scholarship is given only to those students who are enrolled at the University of Oxford, School of Oriental, University of Reading and African Studies (SOAS), part of the University of London.
- Only those candidates are shortlisted for the scholarship who have been accepted for admission in the respective institution.
- The candidates who have an excellent academic record and need financial help are eligible for this scholarship.
- No separate application process is there for applying to the Felix scholarships.
- Students should apply to graduate studies before the deadline.
- Only those candidates are shortlisted for the scholarship whose admission will be accepted at any of the universities for admission.
- After shortlisting the candidates, the interview takes place.
Rhodes Scholarships at the University of Oxford For Indian Students
This scholarship is mainly for those students who pursue two years full-time postgraduate course which is offered at the University of Oxford. The scholarship covers expenses like the tuition fees of Oxford University. The amount offered by the scholarship is E1,325 per month and varies every academic year.
- The student must pursue a full-time postgraduate course at the University of Oxford.
- The student should visit the official website of Rhodes trust to apply for the scholarship.
- After matching the eligibility criteria of the scholarship, the students should fill the application form.
- Select the country, year of application, and then register for the scholarship.
- A login ID is created at the official website of the Rhodes trust. The student can log in to the account, then filling the application form and uploading the required documents, and then apply.
University of Westminster Scholarship
This university offers many scholarships to international students. Funds are limited so the competition to get this scholarship is too high and a large number of applicants apply for this scholarship. The scholarship is given based on many criteria like development potential, academic excellence, and financial need.
- The student should enroll at the University of Westminster.
- This scholarship is available to all the students who have enrolled at all levels of studies.
- The students can enroll for the scholarship at the official website of Westminster University.
- Scholarships are available to students who have enrolled in all levels of study so they can select
- the most appropriate scholarship for them and can apply before the last date of the application.
Reach Oxford UK Scholarship For Indian Students
This scholarship is mainly for those students who pursue an undergraduate degree program at Oxford University. The scholarship includes expenses like living costs, course fees, and one return air fare per year for up to four years.
- Students who have obtained a place at the undergraduate level in the University of Oxford except for the medicine course.
- The candidate should belong to the country that receives official development assistance from the Development Assistance Committee (DAC) of the Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD).
- The eligible candidates should submit their application to the University of Oxford through UCAS for an undergraduate course.
- 1 Top UK Scholarships For Indian Students 2021-22
- 2 Popular Scholarships for Indian Students to study in UK 2021-22
- 2.1 Queen Mary University UK Scholarship For Indian Students
- 2.2 Aga Khan Fellowship Scheme For UK Students
- 2.3 Chevening Scholarship
- 2.4 Commonwealth Scholarships
- 2.5 Dr. Manmohan Singh UK Scholarship For Indian Students
- 2.6 Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships
- 2.7 Goa Education Trust Scholarships
- 2.8 Inlaks UK Scholarship For Indian Students
- 2.10 The Felix Scholarship
- 2.11 Rhodes Scholarships at the University of Oxford For Indian Students
- 2.12 University of Westminster Scholarship
- 2.13 Reach Oxford UK Scholarship For Indian Students