Tamil Nadu’s Chief Minister, M.K. Stalin, unveiled the Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Thittam Scheme in honor of the late Chief Minister and former DMK leader M. Karunanidhi. The primary goal of this initiative is to provide financial aid of ₹1,000 per month to women who are the heads of their families.
On Friday, Tamil Nadu’s Chief Minister M.K. Stalin issued directions to district collectors and other senior officials to ensure the seamless implementation of the Urimai Thittam Scheme. Additionally, the state government has established specific eligibility criteria to ensure targeted outreach for the scheme. The Chief Minister emphasized the importance of successful implementation and urged officials to work diligently towards its effective execution.
Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Thittam Scheme Eligibility Criteria
- Only women aged 21 years or above, born before 15th September 2002, are eligible to apply for the scheme.
- This criterion ensures that adult women responsible for their families can benefit from the program.
- Applicants must have a family income of less than ₹ 2.5 lakh per year to qualify for the scheme.
- This criteria aims to support financially deprived women who need additional financial assistance to meet their household needs.
- Beneficiaries should not own more than 5 acres of wetland or 10 acres of dryland in their family.
- By setting this condition, the scheme aims to target women who do not possess sufficient assets and may face financial challenges due to limited resources.
- The annual household electricity consumption of the woman should not exceed 3600 units.
- This ensures that the benefits of the scheme reach families with moderate electricity usage, particularly those who may require additional support due to financial hardships.
Important Note: Unmarried women, single mothers, widows, and transgender individuals acting as the heads of their families will also be considered eligible for the scheme. This ensures that they can avail the benefits provided under the programme. In cases where there are multiple women above the age of 21 in a single household, only one of them can apply and be selected as the beneficiary under the scheme.
Magalir Urimai Thittam Scheme Required Documents
To apply for the “Magalir Urimai Thogai Thittam” scheme and qualify for financial assistance, applicants need to provide some essential documents for verification purposes. Some of the common documents may include:
- Age Proof: Valid proof of the applicant’s age, such as a birth certificate, Aadhar card, voter ID, or any other government-issued document verifying their date of birth.
- Income Certificate: A document certifying the family’s annual income is typically required. This may include an income certificate issued by competent authorities, income tax returns, or any other relevant income-related document.
- Ration Card: The ration card, which serves as a vital identity document, needs to be submitted during the application process. It helps in verifying the applicant’s household details, family members, and their eligibility for the scheme.
- Land Ownership Documents: Proof of land ownership to verify if the family owns land within the prescribed limits (5 acres of wetland or 10 acres of dryland).
- Electricity Bill: Submission of the latest electricity bill showing the annual consumption, which should not exceed 3600 units.
It is essential for applicants to stay updated with official announcements and guidelines provided by the authorities to ensure they fulfill all the necessary requirements for the “Magalir Urimai Thogai Thittam” scheme.
Check Out: Prize Money Scholarship 2023
Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Thittam Scheme Application Process
Women eligible to receive financial assistance under the Urimai Thogai Thittam scheme can follow the government-prescribed application process.
Applications can be submitted at designated ration shops. The main steps for application are as follows:
- Visit the Ration Shop: Women who meet the eligibility criteria should visit their nearest ration shop to apply for the scheme. Ration shops will serve as primary application centers for the programme.
- Only one beneficiary per ration card: It is important to note that only one beneficiary can be registered per ration card. Therefore, each ration cardholder can nominate only one eligible woman as a beneficiary for the scheme.
- Identification of the head of the family: In cases where a person’s name is listed on the ration card as the head of the family, his wife will be considered as the head of the family for the purpose of this scheme. This ensures that women responsible for their households can access the provided financial assistance.
By following these steps, eligible women can apply for the Magalir Urimai Thogai Thittam and avail the financial assistance provided by the government to empower female heads of families in Tamil Nadu.
Kalaignar Magalir Urimai Thogai Thittam Apply Online
- Visit the Official Website: If available, visit the official website of the Tamil Nadu government or a specially dedicated website for the scheme. Look for relevant sections or pages related to the “Magalir Urimai Thogai Thittam” scheme.
- Find the Beneficiary List: Look for an option or link on the website that provides access to the beneficiary list. It may be labeled as “Beneficiary List,” “List of Beneficiaries,” or something similar.
- Enter Required Information: Based on the website’s interface, you may need to enter specific details to access the beneficiary list. Essential information may include the district, block, village, or other identification parameters related to the scheme. Provide the necessary details as requested.
- Search or Download the List: Once you have entered the required information, click on the search or download button to retrieve the beneficiary list. The website may generate a list that can be viewed directly on the website or downloaded as a PDF or Excel file.
How to Check The Beneficiary List
Process of beneficiary list completely dependent on the availability of online resources by the government. So, it is advised contact to the related department for complete and accurate information or visit the official website of the government. To check the list please check once the below guidelines-
- In cases where a person’s name is listed on the ration card as the head of the family,
- His wife will be considered as the head of the family for the purpose of this scheme.
- This ensures that women responsible for their households can access the provided financial assistance.