In this article, we will guide you through the process of How to Apply for the ISDB Scholarship?The Islamic Development Bank (ISDB) is a multilateral development financial institution dedicated to improving the economic and social conditions of its member countries and Muslim communities in non-member countries. One of the ways ISDB achieves this goal is by offering scholarships to outstanding students in member and non-member countries.
ISDB Scholarship 2023-24 Last date is 15th May
The scholarship program is designed to support talented students who want to pursue higher education but lack the financial means to do so.
How to Apply for the ISDB Scholarship
The ISDB scholarship application process is a multi-step process. The application period usually opens in December and closes in February of the following year and filled on visiting the official portal www.isdb.org scholarship site. The following are the steps involved in applying for the ISDB scholarship:
- The first step in applying for the ISDB scholarship is to research the various scholarship programs offered by the organization. ISDB offers several scholarship programs, including undergraduate, master’s, Ph.D., and post-doctoral programs. Determine which program best fits your educational goals and interests.
- After identifying the scholarship program that best suits you, you should choose a host institution that offers the program you are interested in. ISDB has partnerships with several renowned institutions worldwide, including universities in Europe, Asia, Africa, and the Middle East.
- You will need to prepare several documents to complete the application process. These documents include:
- The application form is available online on the ISDB website. The application form will require you to provide your personal details, educational background, and financial information.
- Your CV should highlight your academic achievements, work experience, research activities, and any publications.
- Your statement of purpose should describe your academic and career goals, your motivation for pursuing higher education, and how the scholarship will help you achieve your goals.
- You will need to provide academic transcripts from your undergraduate studies and it should be in english language
- You will need to provide a language proficiency certificate to demonstrate your proficiency in the language of instruction of the host institution. The certificate should be valid and issued by a recognized language institution.
- You will need to provide at least two recommendation letters from professors or employers who can attest to your academic and professional abilities.
- You will need to provide a medical report from a recognized medical institution.
- Once you have prepared all the required documents, you can submit your application online on the ISDB website. Make sure to submit your application before the deadline.
Who is Eligible for ISDB Scholarship:
Before applying for the ISDB scholarship, it is essential to check whether you meet the eligibility criteria.
- Have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or its equivalent in your undergraduate studies
- Be under the age of 30 years old for a master’s degree program and under 35 years old for a Ph.D. program
- Be medically fit and able to provide a medical report
- Not take advantage of any scholarship further
- Demonstrate financial need
- Be proficient in the language of instruction of the host institution.
After the application deadline, the ISDB scholarship selection committee will review the applications and select the most outstanding candidates.
Academic merit: The committee will consider your academic achievements, including your GPA and academic transcripts.
Research potential: If you are applying for a research-based program, the committee will evaluate your research potential and the relevance of your proposed research to the development goals of your country and the Muslim community.
Financial need: The committee will consider your financial need and your ability to fund your education without the scholarship.
Language proficiency: The committee will evaluate your language proficiency in the language of instruction of the host institution.
Leadership potential: The committee will consider your leadership potential, community involvement, and extracurricular activities.
Gender balance: The committee will strive for gender balance in the selection process.
The selected candidates will be notified via email or phone and will be required to provide additional documentation, such as a passport and an acceptance letter from the host institution.